The Best Backpack Diaper Bag
Expert Buyers Guide
Why You Need a Backpack Diaper Bag
Parenthood can be a tough gig! And the very last thing we want when we are overtired and drained is to have to struggle with a non-functional diaper bag! Finding the right baby diaper bag can be a massive, daunting task! But if you can manage to find the perfect fit, you will cut out a lot of frustration over the years to come! We are here to do the hours of research for you; allowing you to choose the perfect bag for you and your baby!
Backpack diaper bags are becoming more and more popular for a very obvious reason! Because they truly make life easier as a mum or dad! See that handbag style diaper bag over there? Yeah that one? It will not fit all your goodies, it is way too small … pretty yes! But too small! Now look the other way, see the messenger bag that most mums have? See how it slips off when they bend forward to pick up the baby from the play mat? Annoying isn’t it! Those mums haven’t heard the secret about the handy backpack diaper bags yet! Someone should tell them!
Backpack diaper bags are the most heavenly thing ever! No more bending over and having your shoulder bag slip down while you are trying to put a wriggly baby down! Hitting the busy toddler days? Well a backpack will allow you to have both hands free to look after your little one (or more correctly run after your little one)! Add in the fact that they tend to be super comfy, spacious and lightweight. Now add in the fact that they tend to have loads of pockets for organisational purposes! We LOVE backpack diaper bags and I know you will too!!
The Top 3 Bestselling Backpack Diaper Bags!
- Price Bracket
- Why you will LOVE this bag!
Backpack Diaper Bag
Low-Range Price Bracket
This backpack diaper bag has loads of space and heaps of pockets for organization.
The bag is lightweight.
Padded straps and back area makes the bag super comfy.
The bag is functional and practical.
The bag is perfect for both Mum and Dad.
Together with an incredibly affordable price tag, you can understand why this bag sells like hot cakes!
Diaper Bag Backpack
Mid-Range Price Bracket
- This backpack boasts true quality design. Made with durable tear resistant, water resistant polyester fabric & high strength stitching!
- Incredible extra features such as stroller straps; external insulated pockets; easy access cellphone pocket; elasticized interior storage pouches; an easy clean diaper changing pad and a diaper wet bag.
And you will understand why this bag is worth its price!
Ju-Ju-Be B.F.F. Convertible Diaper Bag
High-Range Price Bracket
- Every mum wants a Ju-Ju-Be designer diaper bag!!
These qaulity bags come in glorious patterns and designs.
This backpack is convertible so you can also wear it as a messenger style bag.
It has an innovative design with spacious compartments. It comes with a plush diaper change pad and features insulated bottle pockets!
Add in the fact that it is machine washable and you have found the bag of all diaper bags!
Keep in mind:
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! That $30 bag will not have the same quality as the $120 one! If you want a bag that is comfy and that will last you through all your diaper bag days, then you really will need to invest in the bag!! Remember, this bag is going to be by your side day in and day out, for many many years, it is worth it, I promise!
Backpack Diaper Bag
Top Seller in the Low-Range Price Bracket
The Graco Gotham Backpack Diaper Bag is an excellent buy if you are after a low-entry, affordable backpack diaper bag. It might not be the prettiest bag out there but it sure is practical and super functional. If you would like to read an in-depth expert review of this backpack, please click on the button below!
Diaper Bag Backpack
Top Seller in the Mid-Range Price Bracket
The Wallaroo Diaper Bag Backpack is a totally hot buy if you are after a mid-range diaper bag. This bag is not only super sleek and stylish, but it also has all the features and space that you might need! Add in the fact that it has a focus on quality together with a 1 year warranty and you know that you have found the best buy! If you would like to read an in-depth expert review of this backpack, please click on the button below!
Ju-Ju-Be B.F.F. Convertible Diaper Bag
Top Seller in the High-Range Price Bracket
The Ju-Ju-Be B.F.F. Convertible Diaper Bag is an excellent buy if you are after a high-entry, beautiful and modern backpack diaper bag. If you can afford this bag then we say ‘GO FOR IT’ because it is worth every single dollar!! If you would like to read an in-depth expert review of this backpack, please click on the button below!
What to look for when buying a backpack diaper bag
Storage and Organisation
The beauty about a backpack nappy bag is that it can generally hold a lot more than your traditional diaper bag! Because they tend to have so much space it becomes truly crucial that the bag has been designed with various pockets and areas to organise your baby goodies! There is nothing worse than having to search for hours on end just to find the burp cloth that you desperately need!
So make sure your bag has the following:
- Large space located towards the back of the bag for items such as spare clothes etc.
- Smaller pockets so you can easily get hold of items such as pacifiers, nappy cream, burp clothes, wipes etc.
- Make sure you have an area for your own stuff! We want a pocket for our phone and wallet at the very least!
This16 pocket backpack is definitely a popular one with the organized mums!! With pockets for everything from a pocket for the pacifier, a wet item pocket, 4 insulated bottle pockets and so much more … you can’t go wrong with this bag is you love a space for all your various baby items!
Ease of Use and Beware the Closure System!
Think about how easy the backpack will be to use! And do be aware of how the bag actually closes, trust me on that one! The wrong closure system for a nappy bag can be a deal breaker!
Ease of Use:
Think about what features the bag has that might make it easy to use. We are after the following features:
- Zips on all pockets. The more zips the better, if we can compartmentalise our goodies and keep them in place with a zip it would be best. Your child will get to an age where they will turn your bag upside down. They will also get to an age where they will go digging in your bag to find a snack and trust me, unless you want your entire bag unpacked …. zips will be your friend.
- Wide bag opening. The wider your bag can open up the better. We like zips that can zip down at least half way down the sides of the bag, if it can zip down all the way, even better! You will find that wide openings allow you to find your items so much faster and somehow the bag just stays neater as a result!
- Light coloured inner lining. Believe it or not but the colour of the lining of the bag is super important. Black linings might look great, but it creates a total black-hole effect where you might be searching forever to find that one small item in your deep dark bag. Lighter colours allows you to see items in the bag so much easier! Just trust me on that one!
Avoid Nappy Bags with these Closure Systems:
- Velcro! A velcro closure might possibly be the worse thing ever!! Image spending an hour to put your dear baby to sleep and suddenly she has a burp and you need to reach for that burpie in your bag! And you pull on that velcro snap …. I swear the noise of the velcro is amplified when you have a sleeping baby in your arms, and I guarantee you that your chances of having an awake baby after opening your bag is pretty damn high!! Walk away from the Velcro closure bags, you can thank me later!
- Magnets! I have yet to find a bag that has a magnet closure system that actually works efficiently! Typically magnet closures tend to detach themselves, and as a result you might have the flap of the backpack hitting you on the head if the wind picks up, or worse yet your toddler might turn your backpack upside down and everything might simply fall out if the only closure on the bag is a magnet!
- Drawstrings! I am not a fan of drawstring bags. They might be able to keep your contents inside but for me, I find them just to be a hassle that I don’t need. Plus it is just that touch harder to undo a drawstring one handed than it is to unzip something.
Quality, Comfort and Type of Material
The quality of the bag is important. We need a nice strong bag that will survive daily use for many years to come!
- Investigate the quality of the stitching.
- Check out the zips (they are typically the reason why bags become unusable).
The last thing we want to have whilst being uncomfortable carrying a baby or toddler is to have a bag that is annoying as well! You NEED your bag to be comfortable!
Some things to look at:
- Are the backpack straps padded?
- Does the baby diaper bag backpack have a padded back area?
- Is the back area of the backpack diaper bag made from a breathable material?
If you are after a quality, super comfy backpack diaper bag and you are willing to invest a bit more money to get the quality that will last you for years to come, then the Ju-Ju-Be Legacy Collection Be Right Back Backpack Diaper Bag is the one you will find heavenly!! The Be Right Back Diaper Bags comes with a padded back panel together with breathable mesh to keep you cool. Not only that but the shoulder pads are also padded and ergonomically curved for ultimate comfort. This bag is designed for mums; I guarantee you will love the comfort level and quality of this gorgeous bag!
Type of Material
- The type of material is important! Most diaper bags are not made to be machine washed, but you should at the very least be able to easily wipe down the bag on the inside and outside!! Your toddler will have grubby hands on regular occasions …. no matter how much of a clean freak you think you might be, it will happen. If you want a bag that is easy to keep clean, then you want to invest in the Ju Ju Be B.F.F Backpack Diaper Bag, the material of this bag is is treated with Teflon fabric protector which means that the bag is now stain resistant and easy to clean. Add in the fact that you can machine wash your bag and you know for sure that this bag will last you through all your diaper bag years!!
Other Things to Look Out for:
Does the bag you are eyeing off have any of the following bonus features?
- Insulated bottle pockets
- Removable plush change pad
- Stroller Straps (I kinda think that these are ESSENTIAL! but of course you can buy different stroller accessories separately if need be)
- Wipes Container located it in its own pocket
Keep in mind that whilst these are the things we would ideally like to see in a backpack diaper bag, you will most likely not be able to tick every single one of the criteria on top … although truly maybe somebody should use our list and make the PERFECT backpack bag?? haha! Decide which of the above points are really important to you, have in mind a list of what you want to pack in your bag and then find a bag that ticks those boxes … consider anything else to just be a bonus!